Let´s get 2013 started. Setting our goals!

(Within the last 2 weeks I was pretty busy in Thailand and had almost no chance to update my blog.)

Let´s get 2013 started. Setting our goals!

Last saturday we´ve set our 10 goals for the year 2013 and have hung them up at a place where we see it everyday.

There are countless proven reasons why it´s important to think about our goals and write them down.

One of the greatest method for effective goal setting is Brian Tracy´s.

He made a 5 minute clip about successful goal setting.

His 7 steps are the following:

  1. Decide exactly what you want
  2. Write it down (write it down in present tense as you are 1 year ahead and you already achieved them!)
  3. Set a deadline
  4. Make a list of 10 goals
  5. Organize the list
  6. Take action – do something immediately
  7. Do something everyday

(e.g.: I invest in 3 projects by August 2013, I earn XXX by October 2013 …)

For more detailed information take a look at -> 7 Steps to Successful Goal Setting.

Writing down your goals will force you to clarify what you want, will motivate you, will give you a focus to take action and above all it will make you accountable.

 

There are a lot of experiments like the following as well:

Why do 3 % of Havard MBAs make 10 times as much as the other 97 % combined?

The answer is a simple question: “Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?” In 1979, interviewers asked new graduates from the Harvard’s MBA Program and found that :

  • 84% had no specific goals at all
  • 13% had goals but they were not committed to paper
  • 3% had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them

In 1989, the interviewers again interviewed the graduates of that class:

  • The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84 percent who had no goals at all.
  • Even more staggering – the three percent who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together.

(Source:  “What they don´t teach you in the Havard Business School” by Mark McCormack)

 

So …who writes down goals year by year? As Richard Branson said: “Time flies, so get your goals down on paper as soon as you can. Let’s get 2013 started!”

 

I, by the way, just started out with a new project called www.praktischArzt.de

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>